Dental Implants in Orange County
Dental implants are one of the best ways to replace missing teeth. Generally are titanium screws which are placed in the position in which the tooth would normally. Titanium metal has proven that the human body usually accepted, and bone adheres to the material, fixing it in place. Titanium is the same metal as has been used for many years for procedures such as hip and knee replacements. Dental implants have been used for many years, and the technology has steadily improved to where it is today with a high success rate. Our doctor of dental implants offers a lifetime warranty for implants placed.
Advantages of Dental Implants
1. » A Unlike a fixed dental bridge, neighboring teeth need not be grinded to be used as abutments for the bridge. The implant replaces the missing tooth, independently of the neighboring teeth.
2. »When a tooth is extracted, at the extraction site, begins to take place in bone loss. After a year, the loss will begin to compromise the roots of adjacent teeth. An implant acts as the root of a tooth and holding the bone, stimulating the surrounding bone tissue to regenerate.
Ceramic crowns are the best offer . The inner ring is made of a hard white ceramic called zirconium. These are high-tech crowns . After accurate preparation of the tooth , an impression is made , and from there a piece of plaster is made . a laser scanner 3-D of the cast piece is performed , and then a CAD – CAM computer drives a milling machine for cutting a block of zirconium will shape the internal crown of the tooth . The cover fits perfectly on the abutment tooth. Then porcelain zirconium is added , to shape and radiance to the crown. Zirconium crown and bridges , are very strong . Also they look great, and because they have an excellent seal will last for long.
For those who have had to live with dentures, denture that is held in place with some implants, you can make all the difference. With only 3 or 4 implants, you may have a plastic upper denture without covering their mouth, and is held firmly in place. Similarly, with 3 or 4 implants, the bottom plate will not be lost when you speak. This procedure has changed the lives of many people.
How does it work:
The implants are placed in the jawbone, and after 4 months, are typically ready to be activated. Instead of placing a cap on the implant, a “locator” is set at the top. The pager has a small knob that fits into a connector “O” ring that is placed inside the teeth. The teeth simply snaps into place locators.
When a tooth is damaged it causes pain, the cheapest way to fix it is an extraction. However, in the long run, when you lose some teeth, also it begins to suffer bone loss, which in turn can affect neighboring teeth, and cause the loss of more teeth. A root canal treatment with post and crown, will deliver the pain and restore the tooth, giving it many more years of life.
When decay creates a cavity, the first nerve begins to exhibit sensitivity to sweet, and hot and cold sensations. Eventually an infection breaks out, and then you will suffer a real and intense pain. This is when an Endodontist is needed to fix the pain.
A post is placed on a tooth that has undergone a root canal in order to strengthen, since now it is weak and drained. It’s like putting loaves in concrete. Because a tooth with a root canal has no blood flow, it is technically dead, and become brittle. Without the post, it could break into the gumline.
There are two types of poles generally use:
1. » The first is a prefabricated post fiberglass. This type of pole works best when the tooth still has a good structure, and has not been greatly weakened after drilling all caries.
2. » The other post is a cast, made of metal by a dental laboratory, to fit exactly inside the tooth. This type of post is the strongest, and is almost always used on molars. After placing a post, generally a porcelain crown is recommended to seal the tooth.
Partial and Full Dentures
We offer various types of dentures and partial dentures. Traditional dentures are made of acrylic. But today, there are better available materials such as nylon reinforced Valplast, fine and resistant Lucetone, and Megaflex softer and more flexible.
Our dentists can help you decide which type of prosthesis works best for you.
White Fillings Compounds
Due to health problems of many patients , we do not use the old amalgam fillings . We use white composite resin fillings that match the color of your teeth . These fillers are made of a material which hardens in the mouth when the dentist happens UV light on it . Then he smooths and polishes so that at the end you can not even see that there was ever a filling in her tooth.
Zoom ® Teeth Whitening In Orange County
Zoom® Teeth whitening in Orange County is the most popular method of teeth whitening, but this does not mean that is your best option for teeth whitening. Our whitening methods are effective at removing deep stains that you may have struggled with for years, not just surface stains. With our processes, you can walk in with a dull smile and walk out with teeth that are several shades whiter in just an hour. At Affinity Dental Center we offer a variety of whitening options for home as well as the popular one hour in office Teeth Whitening.
At the Santa Ana general dentistry, we offer full dental care for your entire family. Serving the greater Santa Ana, we are here to help you keep your teeth healthy and clean.
Offering everything you need to keep your smile strong and bright for years to come, our team provides friendly service, and helpful advice for you and your family.
Our General Dentistry Services Include:
» Check ups
» Scheduled cleanings
» Digital imaging
» Root canals
» Oral surgery
» Tooth extractions
Our helpful staff are here to answer any questions you have about our services. We offer complete family care with same day, early morning, and evening appointments available.
Some people are fearful or anxious about visiting the dentist and they let their oral health suffer as a result. It is important to see a dentist regularly so we can assess and deal with problems before they become large problems and become painful, irreversible or expensive. With modern dentistry, there are many techniques and methods that we use to help overcome your anxieties and make your dental experience comfortable and even fun!
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry:
- Relax during your dental treatment
- You will have little or no memory of the experience.
- You won’t remember any sounds or smells.
- You can relax for up to five to six hours after the IV sedation. The time you are relaxing will vary depending on your needed treatment and type of anesthesia delivered.
- Complex dental treatments that often require multiple appointments can often be done in as little as one or two! All while you relax.
- People who have difficulty getting numb will have no problem when relaxed.
- Sedation dentistry is a safe way to reduce the fatigue of extended dental treatment requiring long visits.